The Washburn County Historical Museum depicts the last 150 years of Washburn County, includes the St. John’s Lutheran Church, built in 1888; the former parsonage, now called the Annex, built in 1896; the Beaver Brook School Museum; and the Sky Watch Hut used during World War II. Featured items include early photos of Washburn County, antique toys, phones, hotel ledger, clothes and linens, and war memorabilia. The complex also houses period rooms, including a late 1800’s farmer’s bedroom and kitchen and rooms with farming and logging tools.
No admission charged; donations appreciated.
The museum also has the Washburn County Register and the Shell Lake Watchman on Microfilm, old plat books, family histories, photos of the area and families.
Museum and geneology research center are also open year round by appointment, call 715-468-2982.